Judgment Day Duel Academy
Welcome to Judgment Day Duel Academy.

Please login or register.
Welcome to Judgment Day Duel Academy.

Please login or register.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Judgment Day Duel Academy, accepts duelists of all skill levels. We will try to improve your knowledge and skill in order to help you strive to get better during your time here. Judgment day is now upon you. Dread the dragon for he is here.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Menu
Top posters
*Judgment Dragon* (224)
Understanding Mecha Phantom Beasts  I_vote_lcapUnderstanding Mecha Phantom Beasts  I_voting_barUnderstanding Mecha Phantom Beasts  I_vote_rcap 
supdesup (2)
Understanding Mecha Phantom Beasts  I_vote_lcapUnderstanding Mecha Phantom Beasts  I_voting_barUnderstanding Mecha Phantom Beasts  I_vote_rcap 
Dark Angel (2)
jason1637 (1)
Zaphod Beeblebrox (1)
Tsuko Aiko (1)
Card Of The Week

Understanding Mecha Phantom Beasts

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Understanding Mecha Phantom Beasts  Empty
PostSubject: Understanding Mecha Phantom Beasts    Understanding Mecha Phantom Beasts  I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2014 8:00 am

Hi guys! Today I will be explaining Mecha Phantom beasts, why they are an amazing deck, why to use them and certain cards to add to them.

Why they are so Strong as a deck.

Mecha Phantom beasts have a range of ways to play and a certain style to play on, their main effect that joins all the main deck effect monsters together is pretty simple, it will have something to do about summoning one or more tokens to the field and it will have the sentence, "This card's Level is increased by the total Levels of all "Mecha Phantom Beast Tokens" you control," Which is a good effect seeing as it revolves around it.

But why does this make them so great? For this I will be pulling up an example with the cards Megaraptor and Tetherwolf.

Raptors effect is: When a Token is Special Summoned to your side of the field: Special Summon 1 "Mecha Phantom Beast Token" (Machine-Type/WIND/Level 3/ATK 0/DEF 0). You can only use this effect of "Mecha Phantom Beast Megaraptor" once per turn. This card's Level is increased by the total Levels of all "Mecha Phantom Beast Tokens" you control. While you control a Token, this card cannot be destroyed by battle or card effects. Once per turn: You can Tribute 1 Token; add 1 "Mecha Phantom Beast" monster from your Deck to your hand.

Attack - 1900                                                            Defence -

Wolf's effect is: When this card is Normal Summoned: Special Summon 1 "Mecha Phantom Beast Token" (Machine-Type/WIND/Level 3/ATK 0/DEF 0). This card's Level is increased by the total Levels of all "Mecha Phantom Beast Tokens" you control. While you control a Token, this card cannot be destroyed by battle or card effects. During the Damage Step of either player's turn, if this card battles an opponent's monster: You can Tribute 1 Token once per battle; this card gains 800 ATK, until the end of this turn.

Attack - 1700                                                       Defence - 1200

So lets say for example turn one you open with these two cards and some other meaningless cards, If you play wolf you can activate his effect and special summon a mecha phantom beast token, now lets say you set Dimensional Prison and Mirror force and end your turn, in your opponents turn he plays soul taker and targets tetherwolf, the good thing about this is that he cannot destroy wolf due to it's effect, fun right? now lets say he summons out Brotherhood of the fire-fist bear and because he got a bad hand ends his turn.

What we can do here is we can summon our raptor, and since we have one level 3 token on the field our monsters are level 7, we can now overlay into dracosac and from that we have a good base combo.

Do you see now why They are so amazing?

Why should I use them?

There are a ton of reasons why you should:

*They are not on the top three tiers, which means you wont be using a meta deck

*Most Mecha phantoms have a ton of good effects

*Although they do take skill to play it pays off in the end

*If you play them right you can make for some good otks

And they are just some reasons! There are quite a lot more that I could explain to you but it might take a while.

Certain cards to add to them

This is the part in which everyone wants to see, how do you perfect them? It's simple to do because all you need are a select amount of cards:

Mecha phantom beasts Tetherwolf, Megaraptor, Blackfalcon, Harrliard and stealthray as well as dracosac: These cards are the only monster cards you will need for this deck, they preform well and they are best of the best.

Do a barrel roll - It negates any monster effect, spell effect or trap effect for the cost of all of your tokens which can be handy

Token stampede - This is actually a good card for this deck, it makes your tokens stay on the field and gain 1000 attack. Run this at 1.

Scramble!! Scramble!! - It gets rid of all your tokens to bring mecha phantom beast monsters to the field which is really good.

That's all for today! If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Last edited by luster_beast_luke on Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Understanding Mecha Phantom Beasts    Understanding Mecha Phantom Beasts  I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2014 8:15 am

Uhh only teachers can post lessons. Anyway, this is pretty basic at the most. Your reasons to play the deck and explanation of the effects is not thoroughly explained, your most advanced descriptions being "good" and "great". You made no comments on the individual monsters nor card ratios/ combos. The "How do I use them?" explanation offer no advice on how to actually play the deck. "Why They Are So Great"- this section you literally just copy/pasted their effects.

I still don't know WHY THE DECK IS GOOD, I still don't know WHY I SHOULD USE THEM, and i still don't know HOW TO USE THEM. This wasn't a "lesson", this was a copy/paste effect description of effects and generic listing of why every deck is good. So... care to elaborate??? Like DAMN SON, wikipedia gives better tips on how to play the deck :/

And "And they are just some reasons! There are quite a lot more that I could explain to you but it might take a while." This line right here... gave me cancer.

And you didn't mention O-Lion <-- best card in archetype.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Understanding Mecha Phantom Beasts    Understanding Mecha Phantom Beasts  I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2014 8:22 am

Very informative.You've passed the test,to being a teacher,congratz.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Understanding Mecha Phantom Beasts    Understanding Mecha Phantom Beasts  I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2014 8:23 am

WowThatsPrettySad wrote:
Uhh only teachers can post lessons. Anyway, this is pretty basic at the most. Your reasons to play the deck and explanation of the effects is not thoroughly explained, your most advanced descriptions being "good" and "great". You made no comments on the individual monsters nor card ratios/ combos. The "How do I use them?" explanation offer no advice on how to actually play the deck. "Why They Are So Great"- this section you literally just copy/pasted their effects.

I still don't know WHY THE DECK IS GOOD, I still don't know WHY I SHOULD USE THEM, and i still don't know HOW TO USE THEM. So... care to elaborate

First off if you would actually read the staff application forum this was
requested.

Second off I explained why the deck is good in my example, and I used more words than "good" or "great", I also explained reasons to why you should use them and I explained strong cards that can go with them.

The explanation also offers a perfectly good way to play them, seeing as I showed a combo that can easily be done for most players. I also did not "Just copy and paste their effects." I showed a tactic in which you could draw into, which as far as I am concerned is a combo.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Understanding Mecha Phantom Beasts    Understanding Mecha Phantom Beasts  I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2014 8:40 am

You know what a real combo is????????
HAND- O-lion, Instant Fusion, Any level 4 MPB
>normal O-Lion, Instant Fusion Pair Cycroid
>Synchro into Karakuri Burei
>Use O-Lion's effect to SS level 3 token, Use Burei to SS Saizan
>Sync Token and O-Lion token into another Burei
>SS another Saizan
>Overlay into Dracossack, SS 2 tokens
>Sync the remaining token and saizan for another burei, SS Shinkuro/Ninishi/Saizan
>Normal Level 4 MPB, there should be another token on the field, so level 4 is now level 7
>overlay MPB and remaining Burei into Dracossack
>There should now be, 2 dracossacks, a token, and a tuner on your field
>sync your tuner with the token and make Armades/Goyo/Level7Sync depending on what tuner you SS off of last Burei
>Detatch 2nd Draco, ss 2 tokens. Your field- Dracossack, Dracossack, Goyo/Armades/ScrapArchfield, and 2 tokens
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Understanding Mecha Phantom Beasts    Understanding Mecha Phantom Beasts  I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2014 8:45 am

AND THIS LINE RIGHT HERE "Do you see now why They are so amazing?" NO I DON'T because you just named a 2 turn "combo" that requires you to normal summon twice and assume your opponent doesn't do anything to get rid of your monster. Mecha phantom beasts are great because, if you normal summon this turn, and then normal summon NEXT TURN, you can make a xyz monster. GENIUS, how come nobody thought of that. You sir, have just revolutionized yugioh.

Last edited by WowThatsPrettySad on Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Understanding Mecha Phantom Beasts    Understanding Mecha Phantom Beasts  I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2014 8:46 am

Well, yes it seems basic but the thing is I could not plan this lesson out, I had to do it on the spot.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Understanding Mecha Phantom Beasts    Understanding Mecha Phantom Beasts  I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2014 8:49 am

Oh you had time. Razz I wasn't rushing you bro.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Understanding Mecha Phantom Beasts    Understanding Mecha Phantom Beasts  I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2014 8:50 am

Nickz wrote:
Oh you had time. Razz I wasn't rushing you bro.

I just kinda wanted to get the first lesson done with .-. I knew you were not rushing me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Understanding Mecha Phantom Beasts    Understanding Mecha Phantom Beasts  I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2014 9:07 am

Hi guys! Today I will be explaining Mecha Phantom beasts, why they are an amazing deck, why to use them and certain cards to add to them.

Why they are so Strong as a deck.

Mecha Phantom beasts have a range of ways to play and a certain style to play on, their main effect that joins all the main deck effect monsters together is pretty simple, it will have something to do about summoning one or more tokens to the field and it will have the sentence, "This card's Level is increased by the total Levels of all "Mecha Phantom Beast Tokens" you control," Which is a good effect seeing as it revolves around it.

But why does this make them so great? For this I will be pulling up an example with the cards Megaraptor and Tetherwolf.

Raptors effect is: When a Token is Special Summoned to your side of the field: Special Summon 1 "Mecha Phantom Beast Token" (Machine-Type/WIND/Level 3/ATK 0/DEF 0). You can only use this effect of "Mecha Phantom Beast Megaraptor" once per turn. This card's Level is increased by the total Levels of all "Mecha Phantom Beast Tokens" you control. While you control a Token, this card cannot be destroyed by battle or card effects. Once per turn: You can Tribute 1 Token; add 1 "Mecha Phantom Beast" monster from your Deck to your hand.

Attack - 1900                                                            Defence -

Wolf's effect is: When this card is Normal Summoned: Special Summon 1 "Mecha Phantom Beast Token" (Machine-Type/WIND/Level 3/ATK 0/DEF 0). This card's Level is increased by the total Levels of all "Mecha Phantom Beast Tokens" you control. While you control a Token, this card cannot be destroyed by battle or card effects. During the Damage Step of either player's turn, if this card battles an opponent's monster: You can Tribute 1 Token once per battle; this card gains 800 ATK, until the end of this turn.

Attack - 1700                                                       Defence - 1200

So lets say for example turn one you open with these two cards and some other meaningless cards, If you play wolf you can activate his effect and special summon a mecha phantom beast token, now lets say you set Dimensional Prison and Mirror force and end your turn, in your opponents turn he plays soul taker and targets tetherwolf, the good thing about this is that he cannot destroy wolf due to it's effect, fun right? now lets say he summons out Brotherhood of the fire-fist bear and because he got a bad hand ends his turn.

What we can do here is we can summon our raptor, and since we have one level 3 token on the field our monsters are level 7, we can now overlay into dracosac and from that we have a good base combo.

Do you see now why They are so amazing?

Why should I use them?

There are a ton of reasons why you should:

*They are not on the top three tiers, which means you wont be using a meta deck

*Most Mecha phantoms have a ton of good effects

*Although they do take skill to play it pays off in the end

*If you play them right you can make for some good otks

And they are just some reasons! There are quite a lot more that I could explain to you but it might take a while.

Certain cards to add to them

This is the part in which everyone wants to see, how do you perfect them? It's simple to do because all you need are a select amount of cards:

Mecha phantom beasts Tetherwolf, Megaraptor, Blackfalcon, Harrliard and stealthray as well as dracosac: These cards are the only monster cards you will need for this deck, they preform well and they are best of the best.

Do a barrel roll - It negates any monster effect, spell effect or trap effect for the cost of all of your tokens which can be handy

Token stampede - This is actually a good card for this deck, it makes your tokens stay on the field and gain 1000 attack. Run this at 1.

Scramble!! Scramble!! - It gets rid of all your tokens to bring mecha phantom beast monsters to the field which is really good.

That's all for today! If you have any questions feel free to ask.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Understanding Mecha Phantom Beasts    Understanding Mecha Phantom Beasts  I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2014 9:12 am

luster_beast_luke wrote:

First off if you would actually read the staff application forum this was
requested.

Second off I explained why the deck is good in my example, and I used more words than "good" or "great", I also explained reasons to why you should use them and I explained strong cards that can go with them.

The explanation also offers a perfectly good way to play them, seeing as I showed a combo that can easily be done for most players. I also did not "Just copy and paste their effects." I showed a tactic in which you could draw into, which as far as I am concerned is a combo.

First, ok my bad. Second, no you didn't. Your reasons to play the deck were.

A.)They are not on the top three tiers, which means you wont be using a meta deck. This deck isn't meta so you should play it. #logic
B.) Most Mecha phantoms have a ton of good effects. Card effects are good so deck is good #explanationatitsfinest
C.)Although they do take skill to play it pays off in the end You normal summon 2 monsters and hope they don't get destroyed to xyz summon 1 monster #complexity\
D.)If you play them right you can make for some good otksIf you normal summon enough times, you can probably kill your opponent before he/she decks out
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Understanding Mecha Phantom Beasts    Understanding Mecha Phantom Beasts  I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2014 2:18 pm

i guess no one gonna explain about mecha phantom beast directly support and indirectly support card in this forum
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Understanding Mecha Phantom Beasts    Understanding Mecha Phantom Beasts  I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2014 2:48 pm

WowThatsPrettySad, I do not believe you are in a position to talk, he was requested a lesson, you double posted AND you raged over him not giving a good lesson, when it was great, its simply the fact that you could not handle it. For a guy who pays attention and critiques other peoples work, you seem to have forgotten to pay attention to the rules, so please refrain from doing these things, and 1 warning given.
~Have a nice day.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Understanding Mecha Phantom Beasts    Understanding Mecha Phantom Beasts  I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2014 3:38 pm

honestly it was informative and gave me reasons to like this deck but, it would be alot more appealing if you picture some pictures or try to organize it with some structure but that is because i am use to reading stuff like what i mentioned, overall, it not a bad article. GJ!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Understanding Mecha Phantom Beasts    Understanding Mecha Phantom Beasts  I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2014 9:27 pm

Nice lesson, never understood Mecha Phantom Beast, thanks!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Understanding Mecha Phantom Beasts    Understanding Mecha Phantom Beasts  I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2014 12:36 am

nice lesson always liked this archetype my fav deck for a long time was mechakuris
Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Understanding Mecha Phantom Beasts    Understanding Mecha Phantom Beasts  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Understanding Mecha Phantom Beasts

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Judgment Day Duel Academy :: Learning Department. :: Teacher's Office.-